Our Mission: To work with Redwood Valley residents and other stakeholders to enhance, maintain, and protect the rural nature of our community.
Redwood Valley Municipal Advisory Council, established in 2016.
Please come to our next meeting!
**We are taking a summer break- the next RVMAC meeting will be in September. Please join us! In the meantime, if you would like to connect with the RVMAC, please fill out the contact page here on our website. Looking forward to seeing you in September!**
Generally, meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 5:00-7:00 pm at the Redwood Valley Grange/Guild. Please check out our up to date calendar below to see our meeting schedule. Thanks!
Wednesday, September 13th!
Redwood Valley Grange/Guild, 8650 East Rd., Redwood Valley. See Agenda/Minutes page for the Agenda.
- More planning--The Food Policy Council and the Community Foundation of Mendocino County (our sponsor for the updated RV Plan) invite interested parties to help plan for farming, food, and economic needs this JUNE 28 AND 29 in Ukiah--take a look:
- Yep, Da Plan--Over 70 of your friends and neighbors (and you?) attended the June 14 Planning meeting, which was facilitated by consultant, Cliff Paulin. We were an idea-generating machine! Look for further coverage on this page.
DA PLAN, DA PLAN!! Uh, Fantasy Island was a long time ago-and so was the last update to the Redwood Valley Community Action Plan (2004-see Resources section of this website). That plan was a great start. It led to the RV Farmers Market (THIS SUNDAY at 9:30!), but it couldn't stop the Dollar General. What do WE RESIDENTS want for RV? Come to a special meeting June 14, 6 pm, to have your say! We need a NEW VISION for our future. Time to make that happen. More info upcoming.
- The Chehada brothers, owners of the RV Market, have NOT given up on the fight against Dollar General! They filed the next step of their suit in court in San Francisco. Even though the DG site has closed escrow, DG has not begun to build--and this is why! RV residents also continue to pursue denial of yet another alcohol license at the DG site. Watch this site and go to MAC meetings to stay in touch!
- Recent Ukiah Unified School District Public Meeting took place May 17 at 5 pm: What to do with the RV school on School Way? For further info, see below and go to UUSD website, "7-11 Committee".
- Sheriff Tom Allmän Sent letters to Alcohol Beverage Control in 2016 regarding Dollar General: Read the letters here:
- RVMAC receives approval of Community Foundation Grant to update RV Community Plan! The Community Action Plan for RV, which can be viewed in our Resources section, was written in 2004. It's outdated--doesn't reflect the community's objections to formula stores, nor language for how we view the future of our community. Watch for how YOU can participate in creating a new VISION and PLAN for Redwood Valley! Coming this Spring and Summer!!
- Redwood Valley Grange Members Sweep the Valley! On Saturday, March 18, members of the Grange did some major spring cleaning along the roads in RV! Check it out: the trash alongside the roads is gone! Thanks to all the wonderful Grange members who helped on this project! Now let's all help KEEP REDWOOD VALLEY TRASH-FREE!
- Chehada Suit Against Dollar General. On 1/11/17, Judge Henderson issued his ruling, denying the Chehadas' suit. The final ruling was supposed to be issued in February. Watch for future information here.
- ABC Replied to our Letters. On Dec. 20, 2016, the Dept. of Alcohol Beverage Control replied to letters sent by concerned citizens last year (over 130 letters) opposing issuance of an alcohol license to Dollar General. Look to this site for upcoming comments about what ABC said and what RV can do.
Formula Business Ordinance News--A moratorium was established in Sept. 2015, and renewed in 2016, against permitting any "formula" (chain other than gas station or restaurant) business in the unincorporated area of the county. It will be replaced by a pending "formula business" ordinance. As of March 20, 2017, interim County Planning Chief, Nash Gonzalez, proposes bringing the current Draft ordinance before the Board, probably in April. GO TO THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS' WEBSITE, 3/20/17 AGENDA ITEM 5F, to read the current information!
- Dollar General--Community opposition to a proposed store provided the impetus for forming the Redwood Valley Municipal Advisory Council. Despite over 1700 signatures against the store, a law suit by the owners of the Redwood Valley Market, and other widespread opposition, it's likely the market will indeed be built near the intersection of School Street and East Road. The suit was heard on December 9 at Superior Court, and will likely be decided by the end of 2016. Click here for background and current status: